Phone Numbers & Resources
*If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please go to your nearest hospital or call 911 if in the United States. *If experiencing a mental health crisis, call 988 in the United States.
*For outside of the United States, phone numbers are listed below.
Emergency numbers outside the United States:
Mexico: 066 or 911
UK: 999 or 112
Ireland: 999 or 112
Australia: 000 or 112
New Zealand: 111
South Africa: 112 on mobile phones
**See a complete list on the US Department of State Website
Integrative Psychiatrists, Psychologists, & Psychotherapists:
1. Inside the United States: Check out #SameHere Psych Alliance Directory. The providers are listed by State.
2. Outside of the United States: #SameHere International Pscyh Alliance Directory. The providers are listed by Country.
Functional Medicine Providers:
1. In the United States: Check out the #SameHere Doc Alliance. The providers are listed by State.
2. Visit The Institute for Functional Medicine website for their directory of certified providers. Click on Find A Practitioner in the upper right hand corner.
1. Check the EMDR International Association page for information and resources on Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). Click the “Find a Therapist” button to find a practitioner.
2. Somatic Experiencing (SE) is a transformational trauma and body based therapy that can greatly support you. Visit the Somatic Experiencing Internal page to find a practitioner.
3. Visit the IFS Institute website to learn more about Internal Family Systems Therapy and find an IFS therapist.
4. Psychology Today has a directory where you can search for a therapist and filter for specialties, types of therapy and insurance.
My Book Recommendations:
Science behind Stress, Burnout & Trauma
“The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Body, and Mind in the Healing of Trauma” by Dr. Bessel van der Kolk
“When The Body Says No: Exploring the stress-disease connection” by Dr. Gabor Mate
“Waking The Tiger: Healing Trauma” by Dr. Peter Levine (Somatic Experiencing)
“What Happened To you?” By Dr. Bruce Perry & Oprah
“Decolonizing Trauma Work” by Renee Linklater
“Anchored: How to befriend your nervous system using Polyvagal Theory” by Deb Dana
“Breath: The New Science of a Lost” Art by James Nestor
“The Bouncebackability Factor: End Burnout, Gain Resilience, and Change the World” by Cait Donovan
“The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Full Human Potential” by Wim Hof
“The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress Free Living” by Dr. Mark Hyman and Nick Ortner
“Food: What the heck should I eat” by Dr. Mark Hyman (Functional Medicine)
“This Is Your Brain On Food: An indispensable Guide to The Surprising Foods that Fight Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, OCD, ADHD, and More” by Uma Naidoo
The Good Mood Kitchen: Simple Recipes and Nutrition Tips for Emotional Balance” by Dr. Leslie Korn
“Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindful Meditation for Everyday Life” by Jon Kabat-Zinn
“A Man’s Search For Meaning” by Viktor Frankl
“The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz
“You Can Heal Your Life” by Louise Hay
“The Seat of the Soul” by Gary Zukav
“Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert
“The 7 Healing Chakras” by Brenda Davies, M.D
“Crystals for Healing: The Complete Reference Guide. Remedies for Mind, Heart, and Soul” by Karen Frazier
Clinical & Medical Disclaimer
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical or clinical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician or qualified health professional. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Erica Cuni nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians or clinical professionals before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.